Sponsorship project management New Frontiers expedition.
Another fun and exciting project we worked on in 1998:
17 Expedition members, 4 Months, 6 Land Rovers “trekking” up the East coast of Africa to London for the 50th anniversary of Land Rover in Birmingham. E-SPECTATIONS CONSULTING CC secured a Mini-M satellite phone for the group, liaised with the media to secure radio interviews on Wednesdays and designed, implemented and provided feedback for a schools competition.
What started out in 1998 as just securing sponsorship for this group of adventurers from the Land Rover club, developed into a full time position as media liaison and project manager of the web site.
With this project the following skills were used:
- Securing sponsorship for the adventurers
- Inmarsat Mini-M satellite phone and airtime
- Radio 702 interviews on Wednesdays throughout the 4 months it took to complete the trek
- Club Internet computer, modem and one year’s internet access for the school competition.
- eBeeld’s involvement with the schools project.
- Project managed a web site, updated content, writing content.
- Media including television, radio, print.
- Writing press releases keeping the media informed.
- Conceptualize, present, secure sponsorship for an online schools competition.
- Implement, monitor and ensure that the winners of the competition receive their prizes.