Digital web promotion CARE for Wildlife
Web promotion – CARE for Wildlife:
This digital web promotion ran in 1997 and was called CARE for Wildlife. The promotion revolved around the supply of an Inmarsat Mini-M satellite phone to researchers with sponsored airtime to communicate effectively to their base camp from remote locations. The researchers worked on projects that involved rare and endangered species such as the Giant Tortoises on the Island of Aldabra in Seychelles.
Communication In Africa for Rare and Endangered Species
Station Africa Telecoms designed a satellite airtime package for an Inmarsat Satellite phone, where 0.05 USD of every minute used by subscribers to this specific package was donated (in the form of satellite airtime) to the researchers on the Island of Aldabra in Seychelles. The project was launched at an outdoors exhibition in 1997.
Skills exhibited in this project:
- Design, manage and run a stand at Getaway show and exhibition.
- Design competition targeting Safari operators that will use satellite phones on safari.
- Print material with competition details, and oversee logo design, print material design with graphic designer.
- Oversee and manage web site design with interactive map.
- Write content for the web site and update the information online.
- Monitor promotion and sales resulting from this web promotion.
- Report back to management. This web promotion was popular with Safari operators in Africa. Tribe safari’s Kilimanjaro expedition satellite phone sponsorship resulted from this promotion and it’s launch at the Getaway Exhibition and show. New clients such as miniming and oil companies signed up as customers as a result of the promotion. The researchers at Aldabra used the contribution from Station Africa Telecoms to send photos and research data to the laboratory, which assisted in the preservation of this world heritage site.
A perfect example of how an online web promotion and offline research could work together to serve the greater good of preserving World heritage sites.