Childhood Cancer Awareness
Childhood cancer awareness – growing Gold in September 2018
September is not just Spring in South Africa, but also the month in which we swim KZN Junior Champs and support Gold in September.
Gold in September (G9) is a Wisconsin based non-profit organization. They raise funds to support researchers in their quest to find a cure for childhood cancer.
Let’s take a look at how the idea grew since we first used a Twibbon frame on Facebook in 2016. We start with our current plan, working back to the 2015-2016 season. Continue reading
Swimming SA Rankings
Did you ever wonder where you rank as a swimmer in the Swimming SA rankings?
The Swimming season in South Africa starts on 1 May and ends after the Regional/National championships (March or April). At the end of every season, Swimming South Africa publishes the national age group rankings. Team SA coaches and decision-makers use these rankings and recorded database times to select teams aged 13 and over.
Why are my SA swimming rankings important?
Swim rankings may be important for many different reasons. Here is what we use the rankings for:
- Measure your own performance
- Adjust your goals as the year progress
- Motivate yourself
- Learn what the fastest swimmers in your respective age group and events swim
How and where do I get my Swimming SA rankings?
Important: The link below takes you to a database. Please note that we recommend using your desktop as it does not display correctly on mobile devices.
- Follow this URL or copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www.sports-tek.com/TMOnline/index.asp?STRIPPED=SwimmingSouthAfricaOfficeCopy
- Click on the drop-down and scroll down until you find Swimming South Africa, then click on the link. Wait until the page refresh.
- Select Swimming South Africa Office Copy again on the dropdown.
- Click on the third button from the left, RANK. This button does not show when you use an iPhone or iPad. It might vary depending on the make and model of your handset.
- On the left select LCM (long course) or SCM (short course), the preferred ages, and female or male. Simply click next on the distance to get the results. The results display as Splits, Position, Athlete name, etc.
- If you need the total number of athletes or swimmer, do the following. Look at the top right-hand side of the screen. There is a drop-down stating “Go to page”. Click on the drop-down and select the last page. It will show the total number of pages for that specific event. Click on the bottom page number to get the total number of swimmers.
- Please share this article if you find it helpful!